Reckon you've got a brilliant game idea up your sleeve? Spend hours lost in the world of your imagination? Love to draw or are simply brimming with story ideas? The YGD Game Concept Award is for you!
To enter this award, you can submit your own original game idea created by yourself or with a team of two other people. If your game idea is chosen as a winner, you’ll get to meet top gaming experts who’ll work with you to bring your game to life as you’ve never seen it before!
Entries will be judged on gameplay design, creativity and suitability for chosen games platform. It's not required to have good drawing skills to enter the competition, as the entry will be judged on the idea you present to us.
Some key things you need to know:
- Your entry must be suitable for children aged under 16 (PEGI 12 rating or less).
- Make sure you fill out ALL parts of the application form, as entries will be judged by the information provided in the form
- Any supporting artwork you supply must be you own work (no screengrabs of pre-existing games)
- Entries will be judged only from the information; artwork and imagery provided in the online competition entry form, additional text based documents that are uploaded (such as PowerPoint presentations) will not be considered.
- You must submit a consent form signed by your parent or guardian with your application, otherwise we cannot except your entry.
For more information on entering the Game Making Award, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any other questions, check out our FAQ page.