If you teach game making or coding in a UK secondary school, apply to join the BAFTA YGD School Resource Network.
Are you a secondary school ICT or computing teacher? Looking for some extra support to help teach game design to your students and a chance to discuss game design with other educators? Apply to join the BAFTA YGD School Resource Network!
Apply now and you could get access to a whole host of useful resources to support your teaching. The Network is available to participating secondary schools across the UK. To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a non-fee paying secondary school based in the UK (or afterschool club) that covers students of a secondary education age
- the school must have over the national average (14%) of pupils receiving free school meals
- Intend to use the BAFTA YGD Resources as part of their lessons in game design
Successful applicants will receive:
- A free copy of our BAFTA YGD Idea Generator Card Game
- Further information on our YGD Worksheets
- Access to exclusive networking and outreach workshops across the UK
- An invitation to join our closed Facebook Group to connect with other secondary school teachers teaching game design
- Updates on BAFTA YGD Resources and games news via our monthly YGD newsletter
- Participating schools may also be invited to attend BAFTA YGD workshops in their local area (we'll be announcing dates soon) and asked to potentially host events involving visits from industry experts to help inspire your students.
Code Club leader or other educational mentor? Register your interest in joining the network here.
Got a question about the network? Read our FAQs here.